Monday, April 28, 2014

When God Engages you for this world...if you decide to Pull This Thread

Unravel to the ends of the earth...

I have to say that hearing these words in this video from Jen Hatmaker gives me chills. I have tears behind my eyes and my heart beats faster. I know that once we pull the thread of our current awareness and of our current security in this world that it will unravel, beautifully and with rawness.

I truly desire this and know that He is calling us (Mark & I) to let the strings of our view of this world to unravel and view it the way he does. That...is...so...hard as well. Because then the questions begin to roll off my tough. I feel like we have been moving towards this within the last few years after reading Radical and then when I went through "7": A Mutiny Against Excess but if I really, really press myself I am still currently living in comfort and I'm living in security. I rest in these two spaces and for that I know my heart is drawn towards this change.

It's the kind of change where you're on the seat of your pants looking into what's next while living in the present, depending on His presence each moment because you just can't fathom the next step.

It's foreign to this world, FOREIGN. When God engages Kara Sue Price Messmore for this world...she won't know what hit her...only that the Love of Jesus Christ so overwhelms her heart and her soul that she has no choice but to move in the direction of her Savior and begin to share the gospel in ways she didn't know that she could.

It's having compassion for those who are manipulative. It's knowing boundaries and giving grace. It's being the hands and feet of one whom knows all, sees all and has control over all. Be the change you want to see in the world God's way.

It's the 9-10-11 year old coming out of me who just knows that I'm suppose to do something more in the world. She is bold, she is fierce and she is loving. She wants to "pull the thread" so to speak. She wants to step out and step up to His vision for her life, to her becoming the woman He desires, to be more than the world destines her to be, to be more than the profession says she is and to be the Kara, the daughter of the King, the wife, the mother, the friend that He desires for her to become.

I know she's here...it's just a matter of time and obedience that may determine how quickly she will allow Him to break the mold. Oh....goodness....this is real.


No comments:

Post a Comment