Friday, December 17, 2010

Working All Week - Full-Time

This past week was a unique experience for me. I worked 8-10 hours a day at Memorial Hospital & Healthcare Center in my Social Work role with discharge planning. It is always unpredictable and challenging. There are parts to it that are very much fun and some of the most interesting conversations (both with coworkers and with patients and their families. Sometimes there are tasks you do that you honestly do not know the first thing about but have to learn as you go whereas, there are tasks you could do with your eyes closed and says the same phrase over and over again. Either way it's interesting.


This picture shows my hospital office work space.

What I am most proud of this week is not only learning more but getting up at 5am to workout and keep my resolve to stay fit. I had my share of sweets this week now doubt but I know at least I was burning calories early, early in the morning! It's a whole 'nother world that early in the morning and I found it peaceful though exhausting. By Thursday morning I was good to go and ready to begin working out. An ice storm kept me from working out Thursday morning but Friday morning came and I was ok. My body is ready to go bed by Ian's bedtime (8:30pm) but I think I do accomplish more. It has been a good experience and in reality...I really, really hope that I can keep the 5am wake-up time and make it manageable for our family routine. Not going to bed with Mark is different and kind of sad but I just can't stay up as late as him - it's not doable.

To give you a glimpse into my other professional world...This is my Marriage & Family Therapy work space at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment